May 11, 2011

I {Heart} Window Seats

Many people tend to idolize the idea of having window seats in their home. Growing up I was pretty certain its main purpose was to serve as a space for pre-adolescent teenagers to scribble away in their diaries. I’ll blame the TV show, Blossom, for that. It turns out window seats also function as the perfect place to relax, daydream, or cozy up with your favorite book. We have two window seats in our home that I have had the full intention to decorate for ummm…the past 3 years. In the mean time, I’ll just continue to be inspired by all the beautiful options out there. The photos below just may help motivate me into crossing another task off my to-do list!

{Source: House Beautiful}

{Source: Domino Magazine via Bahraini Diva}
{Source: Design*Sponge}
{Source: theLENNOXX}

{Source: Better Home & Gardens}


Where's your favorite spot to cozy up at?




4 comments :

Lisa Ridgely said...

These are so pretty! We have a window 'seat' - but it's not very deep; more like a wide, wide ledge, and kind of too low to the ground to be a proper window seat. It's pretty, but I'm not really sure what to do with it! Right now my four year old daughter likes to use it as a 'stage' for her singing performances :)

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Lisa, I totally understand if you don't make it a seating area they are very hard to decorate! Our kitchen window seat would be great for seating but the hubby can't grasp the idea of having cushions and pillows in a place that you eat..LOL So I'm still racking my brain on what to do with it!

Anonymous said...

Did you figure out what to do with your kitchen window seat?? We have the same in our home....we can't figure out what type of table to put with it b/c its a really small space!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Sadly "ANONYMOUS" commenter, our kitchen window seat is just sitting bare with a plant or two:( Eventually I would like a big farm kitchen table and use it as seating on one side with lots of pillows and a cushion. I love window seats but they are kind of hard to work with! Good luck with yours!

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design