January 31, 2012

January's Crush of the Month: Washi Tape Projects


It's time to wrap up the first month of 2012 & with that comes another "Crush of the Month!" So what am I swooning over now? Japanese washi tape! Seriously, how can you not love this decorative paper tape? It's like masking tape at its finest. It comes in an assortment of pattern & colors & is extremely easy to use.  Washi tape has gained popularity among the crafty world & that's because there's a bajillion things you can do with it. Here's a round up of a few of my favorite washi tape projects & sellers {color coordinated of course for your viewing pleasure}:



Aren't they all fantastic? Up until this point I have allowed myself to buy one, JUST ONE, roll of washi tape but I'm afraid this is an addiction waiting to happen.

So what are you crushing on lately?


11 comments :

Jackie said...

Awesome roundup! I am crushing on washi tape too. I just used it to make striped lining for a lampshade: http://www.tealandlime.com/2012/01/washi-tape-lampshade-lining/

Thanks for sharing these other great ideas (I have a few more rolls left to put to good use)!

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

These are amazing!! I havent allowed myself to even look at these tapes because I know it would just lead to trouble!

Tonii said...

This is why I love you...I haven't even heard of this stuff! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I must get this tape immediately...these projects are fantastic and the possibilities are endless!!

Nathalie said...

I hear ya!!!
So far I've been able to resist but who knows how long it's gonna last... especially with gorgeous displays like that ;)

Cat said...

LOVE washi tape! In fact, I am currently using it in BrideBlu's packaging (I have some awesome black and white striped tapes).

A great thing to be crushing on, indeed! I really want to make those clothes pins ... genius idea!

Okay ... so let's get down to business ... ever since I saw your comment about your Old Navy shopping adventure, I have been dying to know what you saw that is "so me" ... I am so touched girlie and would be honored to shop with you someday!

xxCat

Michelle Paige said...

I've looked and looked for it in the stores, but I've never seen it. I guess I'll have to order online? It's fabulous, but I'm not sure I could just choose one roll? I'd want to buy every style and color...wait, I already have a ribbon addiction--what am I thinking? I must stay away from Washi tape! I must!

Sandra Leiva said...

Nice stuff, that's lovely!
I really like your blog, would you like to follow each other, dear? <3

Dara Wills said...

How have I never heard of this stuff?!?! I love the little pennant, I could totally do that! Thanks for the awesome ideas.

wheatgerm said...

A great use of tape

Hollie Ann said...

where do you find these things!!? i wish i was half as crafty as you!!

Tonia L said...

Okay...I've been loving this tape too but where are you buying it from? Is it available everywhere?

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design