February 9, 2012

12 in 2012 Progress & How to Hold Yourself Accountable

 {Goals Clipboard from Decoy Lab}

If you're ever struggling at holding yourself accountable start a blog. There are no penalties or readers who are going to threaten you with wedgies & swirlies if you miss your goals. Truth be told, the motivation to be more accountable for yourself is behind the fact that you shared your goals with the "world" & who likes to report back that they've accomplished absolutely nothing? Not me! Not interested in blogging? Then I suggest writing your goals down on a piece of paper & then giving it to that one person in your life who is annoying & nagging & likes to remind you over every extra large milkshake how you said this was the year you were going to chanel your inner Giselle...swimsuit & all. Nah...see blogging about it sounds soooo much more fun doesn't it?

So as some of you know I'm participating in Live Delightfully's 12 in 2012 series in which I am blogging about 12 various goals I set for myself for the year 2012.



Instead of making excuses {spent most of the month of January in bed with some form of some kind of flu...stomach flu, cold flu, lazy flu, etcetera} for every goal I have not started on. Today I will just be sharing the few goals
I have made progress with.

-Lose 5lbs by March 31st -Since I was sick most of January I got a great start on this goal. See, there's always a silverlining. I've also been making it point not to eat until I feel like barfing & more to the point of putting the fork down when I'm semi-satisfied. I did drop between 2-3lbs but I'm pretty sure I just gained it all back over Super Bowl Sunday.


-Read the full "Twilight" series & then watch all the movies- I've made it through the first 2 books & movies. Let's just say I'd be okay with just reading the novels & skipping the movies. Anyone else familiar with Twilight series & agree with me? 

-Organize all of our home's closets-Three down & like a bajillion more to go. I'm afraid by time I finish them all the first ones done will be a disaster again. You vicious little cycle.

-Design & introduce a new stationery line-
So I've got a new product idea I've been wanting to introduce & actually spent a little time this past weekend thinking it through & researching some materials for it. That's progress, right?


-Start a Delightfully Noted newsletter- Does it count if I've signed up for some newsletters in order to get an idea & be inspired for designing my own format? We're talking baby steps here people.


-Prioritize my time better- They say even the small things count! In the past few weeks I've really been working hard on limiting the amount of time I allow myself to work on orders. I have a bad habit of coming home from my day time job & then working till bed time. I know my customer's appreciate speedy service but there's no need to feel like I have to complete all orders within minutes from receiving it. This standard I set for myself was begining to consume me & I was leaving very little time for other things in my life. Now I set an internal time for myself & when the clock strikes whatever is done is done. I walk away. What's the worse that can happen if an order has to wait till the next day? I'm still providing prompt service & my customers are still happy.

How are you doing on your goals for the year, month, or week? Have any tips on how to stay focused on the goals you want to achieve? Please do share!


Pin It

6 comments :

Lindsay said...

This is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing, such a great list!

Brooke Shemwell said...

Great list! I've written down my goals on a piece of paper tacked up to my bulletin board. I don't know if I have the guts to post it on my blog though. :) Some are pretty ambitious. But I do have faith I can achieve them all!
http://www.shemmyshemmyshakeshake.com/

Maury Kilgo said...

#1 - I'm with you. We should keep each other accountable. I'm trying to get 10,000 steps at least 3 times a week. It's harder than you think.

#2 - I love all things Twilight. I've read the books 3 times and seen all the movies. I agree that the movies are better than the books.

#3 - I really need to organize my pantry. It's a disaster.

#4 - I just added your etsy site to my favorites. I'm always looking for cute stationary!

You have a great goals! Can't wait to see each of them come together!

Steph @ The Silly Pearl said...

Yikes I'd have a lot of wedgies for all the goals I don't reach! Yeow! :o)

Cannot wait to see your new stationery line. I am so excited for you! Best of luck with this and all your goals!

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

Good for you! I have 1 and 1/2 of 2 major goals crossed off our list. Does that count??

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Great goals! I especially love the Twilight one :) Yep, big fan here. Kudos to you on the closets - that one is on my list. And I'm glad you are feeling better!

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design