February 7, 2012

{Introduction} The Spark Plug Series:Etsy & Small Biz Tips

As we all know there's a science behind selling handmade goods or opening your own biz. I don't anticipate, as the owner of my own online Etsy shop, to be winning any scientific achievement awards anytime soon. A matter of fact I'm quite sure there's still a lot for me to learn when it comes to selling my handmade paper goodies. On the other hand I feel that I've been able to manage a pretty steady pace of sales on Etsy, well, at least enough to keep me plenty busy between my full time day job & blogging while still hovering a little bit behind that "she's going to lose it" line.

{Art Print from Wicked Paper Co.}

Since I opened shop back in the Fall of 2010 I've experienced some of the ups & downs of running your own biz {like beating my new printer to near death at one in the morning during the holiday crunch time} & I've also have had the pleasure of developing quite a fun on-line friendship with another Etsy seller. This gal has helped me tremendously! Any time I had a silly question or just needed to vent to someone who could relate she was right there for me. I'd like to pay it forward now. So this month I'll be starting a new thing called the Spark Plug Series; a series full of tips, tutorials, & how-tos for all the small biz go-getters out there, or as I like to call them "spark plugs!" Not only do I plan on sharing what has & has not worked for me but I am super excited to open this series up to other sellers who have found success & are willing to share a secret or two with us as well! So whether you've already taken the leap & opened up your own shop or you've been daydreaming about selling your handmade jewelry or scarfs or taxidermy hamsters or what ever it is then I am hoping this series can be of some help to you!

The Spark Plug Series will be featured every other Wednesday & tomorrow we're starting off at the bottom {or top depending on how you look at it}; the top things to know before opening up shop!  If you're already an Etisian or small biz online seller I'd love for you to stop by as well & share what may have worked for you or things you wish you knew before you took that leap of faith.

See you on the flip side.

PS. If there are certain topics you'd like to discuss in this series please let me know in the comments below or feel free to send me an email!



Pin It

7 comments :

Tonii said...

Great idea for a series...and I LOVE the name :) I can't wait to see what you write, I had an Etsy shop for all of about 2 weeks :) I sold a few things, got totally overwhelmed and let it fade. I'm really impressed with people (like YOU) that seem to be able to juggle it all!

Kimberly said...

Yay! Im so glad you are doing this!! I'm ready to learn! :)

Tonia L said...

Sounds like a fantastic series! I am looking forward to hearing your tip. I have a Etsy shop but I am not really using it right now.

Sarah said...

Oh.my.gosh!! You have no idea how excited I am for this series! Lol! I'm getting pretty excited about opening up my shop! The bf and I have been discussing it a bit more as of late, and one of his concerns is the cost of opening a shop.

I know Etsy charges a small fee to list an item, and fees can add up. But there's also Big Cartel, where you pay just one flat fee. I don't know if you're familiar with Big Cartel, but maybe one thing you could address is the fees associated with selling on Etsy? Of course, you've probably already thought of that though! Looking forward to tomorrow's post! :)

Oshi said...

you won THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD on my blog! <3
come to see the rules! :):)
with love, Oshi

http://oshifugushima.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

odetoinspiration said...

Thanks for this series! I've been planning on opening an Etsy shop...so this will be helpful!

Garage Equipment for sale said...

The firing mechanisms of the spark plugs will no longer work properly when fouled, and the automobile will not use fuel efficiently. It also may make a sputtering noise, a result of the mis-firing of the spark plugs.

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design