February 15, 2012

My Foster Blogger & You're"Never" List


Well, my dear peeps,unfortunately, I found out this week that I will be having surgery tomorrow. It is far from brain surgery but regardless it still scares the poo out of me. Despite the hubby trying to convince me that people can't die from pre-surgery panic attacks I still decided it would be wise of me to find a back up caregiver to my blog here.  A foster blogger if you will.

So I told asked my friend, Erica, to take over incase there are monkies performing surgery on me tommorow. She seemed thrilled. Never mind the fact that Erica has never blogged in her life. All I know is that she tends to like me better on the days in which I post about food.

Any who, so this whole surgery-smergy thing had me thinking about my list of nevers. Everyone's got one right? It's that mental check list of things that you've never done or had happen to you. Of course they always include the fun bucket list like items like "I've never been to Australia" or "I've never ridden on a motorcycle".  But there are also those particular little things on your list that you've never experienced that you're actually kind of proud to brag about!  Here's mine:


Yeah, see that X through the last one? When my doc decided to break it to me that I would need surgery one of the millions of things going through my head was "Dude, you're really messing with my never list".

So what "bragging" items do you have on you're "never list"?

PS. I have a few pre-scheduled posts but will take it day by day during my recovery in regards to my blogging. So we'll see....either I will be bored out of my fricken mind & post like crazy{I don't take to bed rest very easy} or I'll be a zombie and things may be quiet around the DN for a few days.

PPS. I'm also going to apologize ahead of time for any blogging that may happen under the influence of meds.
If I say anything crazy I'll just blame it on Erica.


Pin It

20 comments :

Nathalie said...

Good luck Jennifer!!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow...
I'm with you in the pre-surgery panic attacks thing :(
I dread the first time I will ever have to be in a hospital... Recently I was supposed to get an endoscopy done and a hernia removed....... Still not happening!!! I'm such a chicken!
Take good care of yourself and come back to us soon!!! Yes, especially under the influence of meds... :D LOL
x.o
Nat.

sherri lynn said...

I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow! I would be freaking out too, because I've never had surgery or stayed in the hospital for any reason! My dad's a doctor but hospitals still freak me out! I'm sure everything will be fine and you will be back in no time!! :)

Tonia L said...

Oh no! Best of luck to you! I will keep you in my thoughts. I am the biggest wimp and I hate having surgery and going the hospital and the dentist!

Heather J said...

Good luck girly! I don't think anyone enjoys the prospects of surgery. :) And we'll totally understand if there's radio silence around here for a bit.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you happy you had that Cinnabon...

Elle Sees said...

I've never smoked! I come from a family full of them and I don't. I don't have a problem it's smokers, just the smell! And the carcinogens.

Alexa said...

Good luck! All will be okay my dear! Thinking of you!

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

Good luck!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

what?? good luck tomorrow girl and listen to your husband, you will be fine!! good luck with the recovery and feel free to email me if you are bored out of your mind during recovery. you will be fine!!

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Will definitely be thinking & praying for you! And I'm totally jealous of the no cavity thing :)

Mandy said...

Everything will go great Jennifer! You will see. You will be back to blogging before you know it!

Prayers coming your way...

Mandy

Sarah said...

Hey Jennifer! I'm sorry to hear you're having surgery! I hope it's not any kind of life-threatening surgery!! I will be praying for you! :)

Amy L. said...

I'm praying you have an easy surgery and a fast recovery. I love your blog and will miss your posts but you just concentrate on getting well. We will be here whenever you're ready to come back.

Shanna Watson said...

So funny!! I have the same "nevers" as you...the only surgery I've had is C-section for my twin boys. I get some weird looks when I say I've never had a cavity, LOL.

Tami Marie said...

Good Luck. My prayers are with you. xo Tami

Love Sweet Love said...

Oh Jenninfer I'm so sorry!! I would be MORE than scared out of my mind, so don't feel silly about that BUT everything is going to be fine!! I'm thinkin' about ya and sending some prayers your way and I hope by now you're out of surgery and on your way to recovery! Can you pleeease just update us a little so we know you're okay?!?!

Also, I find it ridiculously cool that my never list is the EXACT same as yours. Yep, I've never done/had any of the things you've never had. Yay!

Val said...

I hope everything went well. You are in my thoughts.

Michelle Paige said...

Thinking of you. Hope everything went well and you're home resting, recovering and healing! Prayers to you.

Melissah from Scrapbook said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I just signed up as your latest follower & I look forward to popping back!
x
Melissah

Trish said...

Hope the surgery went well! I've never had "real" surgery but I was put under for some dental work once. It was a weird experience!

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design