February 12, 2013

At Long Last, a Completed Gallery Wall

 
 
Hey ho party people can you believe I started this little gallery wall wayyyyyy back in July?
I shared it's humble beginnings here.
But while we're at it let's recap this hall's journey.
 
 
This is a "before" shot. Don't judge.
We all have some scary skeltons in our decor closet don't we?
Oh, & incase it wasn't obvious this was taken around Halloween a few years back before we made over the living room that is adjoined to this hall.
 
After we painted I immediatly started putting together  the gallery wall.
I cut out templates from cardstock to help me envision the lay out before I committed to anything.
 
And s-l-o-w-l-y over the course of the next few months I collected frames and added different pieces of art work AND THEN it just all came to a stand still and the wall sat like this for a long, long time.
 
 
I blame this guy.
 
 
We had out thermostat replaced a while back and the new one was smaller than the original one.
It needed some patching and touch-ups. Like a five minute job right?
Hmmm....yes, a five minute job that we put off for a VERY long time until I got to the point this week where I was sick of looking at it.
 
And that my friends is the little kick in the bootay that I needed
in order to finish off the rest of this space.
 
 
 
Most of the wall art is art work created by yours truly but the state print is from an Etsy shop I adore called Livy Love Designs.
The top right picture was a little design I created resembling a heart carved in a tree with me & the hubz initials and our wedding date.
The "26" are house numbers that I thought would help bring a modern touch to the gallery and the # is significant to us because we got married on the 26th of July.
Plus, now my husband can NEVER forget our anniversary.
 
 
 I also framed some left over fabric {long bottom blue frame} from this thrift chair makeover and used it in the top left frame as a matte for this printable quote I found at the Simple As That blog.
It says "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts".
Now that I am growing a little bean this quote couldn't be any more perfect!


The little "b" in the round frame represents the initial for our last name.
A quick one minute design I created on my computer.
Of course, I couldn't forget my doxie wall art.
Tutorial for how to make your own doggy wall art can be found here.
 
But I do have to say one of my favorite, favorite things on the wall was the beaded mirror that I also spray painted with the Krylon color Catalina Mist {see original mirror below}. It was a Goodwill find and I just love, love, love it!
I believe it's handmade.
 
 
 
 
I apologize for all the glares but this wall is directly across from my office window so I was having a difficult time getting some pics that wouldn't blind y'all.
 
 
 
 
 
 WHEW! Is everyone still with me? Do I need to revive anyone after that photo bomb of pictures?
Any one else have a gallery wall in their house?
What's your favorite thing hanging on your wall right now?
  






25 comments :

mari of {crab+fish} said...

love it! you're inspiring me to get hopping on the space above our entry table...I'm not nesting though so it will still probably take me the whole of 2013 to complete it. :) :)

Jeanette said...

So pretty! I love the colors. I put up a black & white gallery going up the stairwell in our house and I absolutely love it.

Hilary said...

This looks amazing! I love your little wiener dog plaque. My favorite thing hanging on my wall is a picture of my precious baby boy's bum :)

Lauren said...

Looks beautiful! Love all those frames and the colors are excellent! I'd be tickled if you'd link up your beautiful creation at this week's Off the Hook!

Michelle Paige said...

So beautiful! Worth the wait!

Kate Sullivan Corpuz said...

Fantastic! I hope to make a gallery wall someday- always wanted to, just never made it happen.

always, koru kate

Heather J said...

turned out so cute!

Sam @ The Junk House said...

It looks amazing! I love every piece! The beaded mirror looks a million times better painted.

Brigette Olmos-Arreola said...

this may be my new dream gallery wall!

Tonii said...

I am officially swooning :) That gallery wall turned out SO gorgeous...will you come do one for me?? ;) GREAT job!!

Ali of Dressing Ken said...

This looks great! Funny but today on the free table at work there was a square black and white text only painting and I thought this is going to look perfect in my new office!

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Tonia L said...

It looks awesome!! I LOVE that beaded mirror!

Christina Kelly said...

I am a HUGE lover of gallery walls, I have a HUGE one in my living room, my halls, and just finished up one in my son's room. I think they are just fantastic and yours is no exception. Love the soft blues and you're are right, that beaded mirrors is fabulous! I love the way your incorporated the thermostat, We all have them and they are such an eye-sore and I didn't even realize you had one in the mix until you pointed it out. GENIUS! Congrats on finally getting it all done, it really does look wonderful.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh I love it! It's seriously perfect! Great colors too :)

Kristina Brusso said...

Looks fantastic! Love the blue elements ~ gives it a little extra something :)
~K
www.ourlittlehome98208.com

Selene Galindo said...

I love how it turned out! Very pretty!
Selene @ restorationbeauty.com

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I love it! It's very much like what I want to do in my foyer. And I love the dachshund pic :-) I have a little hotdog myself!

Carissa Rasmussen said...

ooh, so pretty! i want that big vase:)

Gretchen said...

very nice! love the colors :). Why is it that it's the 5 minute jobs that are the hardest to get around to sometimes?!

Jessica Jensen said...

Just found your blog, so cute! I am currently working on a photo wall as well, it is just about done. I'm sure you know how that goes. Yours turned out great! Love the colors!

thejensejournalblog.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Hi, Jennifer... just wanted to let you know that your gallery wall is going to be featured at tomorrow's Off the Hook!

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

So cute! Isn't it funny how long gallery walls take to finalize. I take the live with it for awhile approach, too. I'll be working on a post this week about the new gallery wall we put up in our son's room last weekend, but this is my current favorite: http://www.dejongdreamhouse.com/2013/01/we-do-gallery.html

Emily Thompson said...

looks amazing!!! Totally worth all the time it took! I hear you about the easiest job (touch up) being the hardest sometimes :o) I host a Tasteful Tuesday link party (still open until Friday) and would love for you to come over and link up! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/winners-and-tasteful-tuesday-party.html

Jedi Craft Girl said...

It looks beautiful! You did a great job!!

Pieced Pastimes said...

It turned out beautiful. Love the soothing colors and the placement that you used. The little hot dog art is such a nice touch.
Thanks for sharing,
Suzanne

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design