February 4, 2013

Simple Valentine Pillow Decor

 
I am so behind on the whole Valentine decorating thing this year. You want to know the redonkulous thing about that? I seriously own maybe two pieces of decor for this sweet little day; a wreath & a vase. So yeah, there you have it, I'm not sure if saying I'm behind on putting out two pieces of holiday decor is hysterical or pathetic? I'm just going to go with hysterically-pathetic.
 
Last weekend I was attempting to clean out & organize one of our guest room closets.
I say "attempting" because I stopped a million times to look at old pictures I found in there and to prance through my house with my wedding veil on.
And I still can't figure out why I haven't had time to put out two measly ol' Valentine items?
 
Any who, I came across this red pillow that I had purchased last year.
Original purpose for purchase? Don't remember.
But I thought it would make for the perfect little Valentine pillow.
This was probably THEE SIMPLEST craft I've done to date.
I picked up a Valentine craft kit from Michael's a few weekends ago that had a bunch of felt shaped hearts in it. They were perfect for my project. 
Those felt hearts + my glue gun= pronto Valentine pillow decor.
 
It doesn't get any easier than that!
 
 
Since we are still in the beginning stages of re-decorating this room the space has kind of become a hodgepodge of decor. We've got grey hues from the new stuff, greens from the old decor, & now a touch of red for Valentines! But I promise it'll get it's act together soon and all start to come together.
In the mean time, I'm enjoying my one piece of Valentine decor.
 
 
 Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?
 
 






Pin It

Sharing here:
Liz Marie Blog

9 comments :

Style Journey said...

Now this is my kind of project. A cute way to dress up a simple pillow for any holiday. The only Valentine's decorations I do is a wreath on the front door, I'm kinda boring like that :) Heather

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That is a fantastic project! I love it. :)

mari of {crab+fish} said...

I love it! simple and cute. also, you are teasing us with this picture...the new floors are GOR. GEOUS. it looks so serene in the room.

Michelle Paige said...

Love the punch of red in your room! I also love quick and cute crafts! This is a winner!

Katie said...

your living room belongs in a magazine! so beautiful! and love your simple pillow - very cute! BUT I love the image of you prancing around in your wedding veil even more. ;)

Punctuation Mark said...

Such a cute DIY... Love it!

Stephanie @ Henry Happened said...

I have zero Valentine's decor - pathetic! But I am completely down with a 5 min craft that looks so cute!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

I love your living room! What a great decorator you are :) Such an easy project --and I only own about two Valentines Day decorations too!

Val said...

SO CUTE!!!! You are a fabulous decorator.

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design