March 13, 2013

DIY Picture Frame Tray

If you're anything like me then you must have a bajillion & one {actual count} empty picture frames lying around your house taking up prime real estate.
 
Why not convert one of those bad boys into a frame tray?
 
All you need is a frame, ruler, scissors, drawer handles, E-600 glue, & some purrrty fabric.
 
This frame was originally a bronze color that I brought to life with my BFF, Krylon's Catalina Mist.
 
So I just simply measured & cut out the amount of fabric I would need to fit the frame, removed the back of the frame & placed my fabric inside like you would a photograph
 
I then used some E-6000 glue to attach the drawer handles and allowed them to dry
If you happen to be working with a wood frame then you could always attach the handles with the screws they come with.
 
Trays are so functional.
You can use them to corral your cosmetics in the bathroom or items stashed on your nightstand.
Utilize them on a coffee table or ottoman to organize remotes or books or
display flowers on them......yes, even fake ones.




Pin It

Sharing with friends here:
Frugal Girls
 

5 comments :

Annie One Can Cook! said...

How pretty!! What a great idea!

mari of {crab+fish} said...

aaagggh, I totally DO have a bajillion and one frames in my house -- in my office, to be exact. I know because I cleaned it today and I thought about how much more room I'd have if I would just stop buying picture frames. Hahah! This is such a great idea for repurposing some of them...oh, and I have quite the stash of pretty fabric too...I'm blushing right now...

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

This is such a great idea!! I love that blue vase too! Thanks for sharing :)

Melinda said...

LOL...how'd you know?! I have a ton of empty frames that would make a great tray! TFS!

Kelly @ IdealistMom.com said...

So pretty but simple too! I'm not very crafty, but I think even I could do this one. :) Pinning now!

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design