July 21, 2013

Finally! Our Baby Boy's Aqua, Orange, & Grey Nursery Reveal



With great joy and exhaustion I finally present to you our baby boy's aqua, orange, & grey nursery!
 We {meaning it was my vision & I just bossed the hubby around}worked on this room slowly over the course of about four months and completed it 48 hours before our little man was born.
My main goal for the nursery was to create something that was bright and whimsical but not too "babyish", that way he can grow into it. We're not big on "themes" or "characters" {although I'm sure the hubz would have loved the nursery to be decked out in Chicago Bears d├ęcor} but since our "FURst" babies are so dear to us and will someday serve as pull toys for Baby B I couldn't bear not including a few little doxie details throughout the room.
Before you get photo dumped on you can view my nursery inspiration and before pics of this room over here. Trust me, the original guest room was nothing to write home about. Unless, of course, you were some wacko living a secluded and hidden life in the woods and had nothing else to write about.
Ready for a tour of our little guy's nursery?
{Source list and DIY project links included at the end}.
This is a view of the room from the doorway.



The Craig's List table we made over with some fun and bright aqua spray paint.

And to the right we have one of my favorite parts of the nursery, the little reading nook.
I had read that kids are more likely to read if the books are facing out.
The shelves were originally a DIY project that quickly turned into a craft fail.
After 5 weeks of begging the hubby to try to remedy the problem and him acting like he suddenly suffered from amnesia {our wood kept splitting every time we tried to nail/drill the pieces of the shelf ledges together}I decided to just ditch the whole darn thing and buy good ol' retail ledges.
 I'm in love with these personalized name blocks!

The little doxie pillow cover was a gift from my friend Marriko over at the crab + fish blog.
I squeal over this pillow like a twelve year old Bieber fan every time I lay eyes on it.
It's adorable!
Now onto the crib wall.
Okay, so we may suck at making book ledges but at least we the hubby can paint some darn good stripes.
A chandelier in the nursery was on the top of my wish list and I'm still as pleased as punch about this second-hand light fixture I made over.
Don't worry American Academy of Pediatrics,
the teddy bear will obviously be removed when Baby B naps in here.
Now let's head over to the other side of the room to Baby B's changing table & gallery wall.
I had so much fun accessorizing this wall above the old dresser we made over.
A lot of the art work I created myself; inspired, of course, by ideas I saw on Pinterest.
A few of the wall prints were free printables I found online that I just tweaked a bit
{sources at the end}.





And last but not least, let's head over to the the closet wall.
Remember the puppy bootie project I shared about a week ago?
It's a nice surprise when you close the bedroom door.
I tend to want to keep things more organized if I have fun and cute bins and such to store things in.
So there you go! I'm so excited to have finally been able to share this room with you.
It truly was a labor of love! I think it was worth all the blood, hormonal sweat, & pregnancy tears and now I can't wait to fill this room with sweet memories with our precious little boy!
Now who's ready to go change a diaper??! *crickets chirping*

PS. Isn't this blanket my aunt crocheted for Baby B beautiful?
I love handmade gifts!



Sources
Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore 's Grey Owl and Dove White
Crib Sheet & Skirt: Serena & Lily {Ben Collection}
Orange Polk Dot Crib Blanket: KB Exquisites on Etsy
Corner Book Shelf: Ikea
Changing Pad Cover: Little Owls Nest on Etsy
Aqua Polk Dot Drawer Knobs: Hobby Lobby
Glider: Story Time Series
Ottoman: Target
Curtains: Land of Nod Outlet
Alphabet Pillow Cover {on glider}: Sew Gracious on Etsy
Orange & White Table Lamp: Hobby Lobby
Book Ledges: Ikea
Personalized Name Blocks: Blocks Paper Paint on Etsy
Puppy Tail Hooks: Ikea
Stuva Storage System {closet}: Ikea
Martha Stewart Lagoon Blue Cube Fabric Drawers: Home Depot
Free Alphabet Typography Wall Art {I made a few changes to the colors on mine}: Vixen Made blog
Free Printable Boy Silhouette {I tweaked mine to not include the quote}: All Things Bright & Beautiful Blog
The remainder of the wall art was created by yours truly.
DIY Nursery Projects {click the link to take you to the tutorial/blog post}
DIY nursery wall art {I Made a Wish Sign}
Dream Big Little One Wall Print - Get Your Free Printable Here!
Please let me know if you have any questions or if I forgot something!

Edited:3/5/2014 I'm participating in the Creating With the Stars 2014 Contest.
If you have a spare second, I would love if you came by and clicked on my nursery entry-- # of views will play a role in helping out the winner! I am #198.
Thank you, I would promise you all a kidney if I had that many!





47 comments :

ista.ista.ista said...

Adorable! This is my favorite color scheme right now.

Allison said...

Great job! I love the color combination and all your bins. I'm all about the cute bins to promote organization. Haha. :)

Style Journey said...

This is amazing! You and the hubby did an amazing job. The puppy butts are so cute :)

Regina of Live Delightfully said...

Oh Jennifer!!!!! That looks absolutely LOVELY!!! Good grief! Can I sleep there? How fun! Baby B's got the perfect room! Now I'm more inspired to keep on working on our boys' rooms. It's like the project that never ends. Ugh! But looking at your finished project, I just know it will be worth it in the end to complete. :)

Sandy Simon said...

Amazing Jennifer! I love every detail. Bryce is a luck little boy :)

Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade said...

I am SO in love with this room! This color scheme is perfection!

mari of {crab+fish} said...

I love Bryce's room - so bright and airy! Everything seems to have been planned out so perfectly. Much better than the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants I usually do. :)

I can't decide what my favorite part is: the wall stripes, the painted CL table, the Bryce blocks, the curtains, the closet organization...

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

everything looks perfect! I love the colors you picked so much, and all the details are so cute! my favorites would be the striped curtains and the closet.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

It turned out amazing! I love the colors. :) That blanket is just perfect for your room too. You have one talented aunt. :)

Trendy Jewelry said...

This is really cute. Congratulations.

Online jewelry store

Emerson Grey Designs said...

What an adorable room! So glad I found it through Instagram. =)

Carissa Rasmussen said...

amazing job! love how it turned out:) i'm building some bookshelves right now and i usually use nails instead of screws on a lightweight project like that. it's the end product that counts not that you DIY or buy it, right? and the end product is adorable!!!

Abby Lawson said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous nursery! Little man is so lucky to have such a cool place to nap! I popped over from Inspire Me Please--thanks for sharing!

~Abby =)

Selene @ Restoration Beauty said...

What a cool nursery you created!! Love the color combinations and the striped wall!

Rebecca Hubbell said...

This came out so nice, I love your color choices and those hooks are so cute. I really love your gallery wall and how you worked in all the different pieces. Found you over at Liz Marie Blog, I would love for you to stop by and join me for the TGIF Link Party this week!

http://www.livingbettertogether.com/2013/07/tgif-link-party-no-6.html

Jamie said...

I love everything about this!!! great work

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! The color scheme is just beautiful (but not too girly) and it's all just so sweet! I'm a big fan and I'm sure Baby B will be too!! : )
-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Michelle Robblee said...

So incredibly beautiful! Love your gallery wall and all the furniture pieces you made. I especially love all the little details. By the way, Snuggle Puppy was my son's favorite baby book. Congrats again!

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

What a fantastic room! Love the color scheme and all of you personal touches!

Carrie from Carrie This Home said...

Oh my goodness--this nursery is adorable! I love the accent colors & you put just enough of the colors in the room to make an impact but also not too much so it's overwhelming. Your pictures are fab as well. Good job!
I'm stopping by from TGIF (#102 Orange Creamsicle Cookies)

Lauren said...

I love looking at nurseries. They are always so much fun. I am a kid at heart so my whole house looks like a teenager lives here. Love what you did in this room. I would love it if you would link this up to my link party that is going on now.

http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

My name is Rita said...

such a beautiful nursery! I love the colors you chose! If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/sunday-linky-18.html

Roeshel said...

It's so sweet, Jennifer! I love the color combination and all of your attention to detail! Cutest nursery! I've pinned and I'm sharing a link back in this week's DIY highlights! Thanks so much for sharing your precious little guy's room reveal!

Jocie@TheBetterHalf said...

maybe i should have another baby so i can knock-off your nursery! :) Sharing on FB today and will be featuring you on Thursday. Thanks so much for linking up to support Habitat4Humanity!

Chaney @ May Richer Fuller Be said...

Cute cute! Love all the colors together. It turned out beautifully!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Thanks everyone for all your sweet comments! We poured a lot into this room and I've made Baby B promise he won't change it till he's like 20!!

sherri lynn said...

Oh my gosh this room is incredible!! I love the colors! I'm not into themes for baby rooms either, so this is totally my style! :) I love the puppy dog tail hooks!

Sarah Vanderkooy said...

This is so cute! I love the pops of color, it's Chicago Bears...lite :) My hubby would love it. Thanks for sharing.
Sarah
www.creativeramblingsblog.com/

Lauren said...

I am featuring your nursery today on my blog. I just love this room. You did a great job. I hope that you will stop over tomorrow for another link party.

http://ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

Emma Peake said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I bet Baby B is going to love it! Well done!

Erin @ His and Hers said...

Love love love. So adorable. This was going to be the color scheme if our little one was a boy...as it is, the orange was replaced with coral. We will probably also be finishing 48 hours before arrival, I'm afraid...

And cute projects + good taste + sense of humor=I am sold on your blog. :) Definitely something to write home about. And I am not even a recluse in the woods.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a beautifully cheerful room. I love it.

Ann Krucek said...

Congratulations!!!! What a fabulous nursery, a wonderful bright, cheerful, yet comfortable place to start a new life!!

Shelly @A Creative Space said...

FABULOUS transition!! Lucky baby! You are brave to add the stripes -they turned out perfectly. And my fave piece of all? The crocheted blanky -oh!, le sigh......

Carolyn said...

I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board. It makes me so happy to see beautiful creativity linked up!

carolyn
homework &
DETAILS

Lo said...

I love it!! We are expecting baby #1 in January, and your nursery is baby perfection in my eyes. Not too much going on, but definitely a room they can grow into! I pinned your floating book shelves too, I want some in my nursery!!! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Megan said...

This is awesome! Although I will be curious to see how your son likes the gallery wall once he's big enough to sit up and won't stay still for those diaper changes. Mine just turned one and he'd be grabbing those frames and chucking them across the room if he could! Yikes--my baby is one. I guess I better get started on decorating his nursery ;)

Theresa said...

Your nursery & colors are amazing! Love it & Pinning for others to see! Visiting from @DearCreatives & a new follower.

Gisele Holloway said...

I love the nursery!! I am having a boy and I am totally inspired by your amazing ideas! Thanks for all the links you shared here. I was just wondering where did you got the cute elephant aqua frame. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing!

wherelovemeetslife said...

This really may be my fave nursery. It's simple, but sooo cute! I love the color scheme and the clean look. great job!!! Now to go check out the rest of your blog ;)

Kelly Wingate said...

so cute! this is the look that i am going for in my nursery. I have a question about the paint colors. Is the owl grey the color that is in the stripes and also the color that is in the rest of the room or is the rest of the room a different color?

Jenna said...

this nursery is beautiful and simple, i absolutely love it. i was wondering where you got the 3x3 square storage unit where you used the martha stewart fabric bins?

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Kelly-Yes, the grey owl paint color is the one also used in the stripes and the rest of the room.
Jenna-the storage unit I found brand new at Goodwill but it was originally from Target. Thanks everyone for all of your sweet comments!

Stephany said...

Great color choice. Are the grey on your walls the same grey used in your stripes or lighter?

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Hi Stephany, yes, the greys are the same! Thank you.

Jim said...

Absolutely stunning! You have a real eye for design, coordination, use of color, and livability and practically. You must be or should be an interior designer by trade.

diana said...

We used that same Target ottoman in our son's nursery! Looks great!

Post a Comment

Talking to myself is no fun & borderline crazy so go ahead get your comment on!

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design